4.08.2010

Reposting is not Plagiarising

I choose...
by Mariel G. Calalo

I choose to love you in my silence,
for in silence I feel no rejection.

I choose to love you in my loneliness,
for in loneliness, no one owns you but me.

I choose to love you from afar,
for having you near would never let my heart let you go without shedding a tear.

I choose to love you despite of what people say about you,
for I know you in your entirety.

I choose to love you even on days when you are absolutely unlovable,
for I love the good and the wicked in you.

I choose to love you even if those wrinkles start to show and those muscles sag,
for I know that the years have just shown me how you've grown in beauty and bloom.

I choose to love you as a friend,
for friendship is a far stronger bond than romance and passion.

I choose to love you for all sorts of reasons.

I choose to love the way you talk, the way you walk, the way you smile, the way you complain.

I choose to love the quirky little things about you, your verbal mishaps,
and on days when you'd make me cry, I'd still love you just the same.

I choose to love you despite of your childish ways,
for I believe one day,
someday
you'll come through shining.

I choose to love you even if your heart breaks,
cries for somebody else, for my love I give without expecting anything in return.

I choose to love you, silently, in solitude, from afar...
even if it means being lost in the limbo.

I choose to love you today, tomorrow... forever, for once you start loving a person, you never stop loving them. Maybe a little differently or a little less but you never, never stop loving them.

No comments: