1.10.2011

Requiescat In Pace?

'Twas Saturday morning, PST, when I got the phone call from my elder bro. Our dad passed away after a day or two in diabetic coma. My first thought was concern for my elder bro because he was in shock and he kept on crying. After all those years of verbal and physical abuse we got from our dad, not a single thread of fondness was left in my proverbial heart for him.

After some pondering, I realised what a cold-hearted bitch I was. I haven't talked to my dad for quite some time now, maybe almost a year even. He didn't know I got into a car accident last year, and the last thing I told him was I don't give a damn about him anymore. I chose not to talk to him because he had this tendency to suck other people into misery. I even ranted about it a week or so ago.

I feel bad for myself. Until this very moment, I chose to be selfish.

No comments: