8.07.2005

The Wedding



'Tis my mum's uncle's silver wedding anniversary on the 11th but they renewed their vows yesterday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church..

I had my hair updone in a local hair salon, not the one wherein they "murdered" my hair 3 days ago, had some locks as y'all can see they used a curling iron and lotsa hair spray on my "sutil" hair. I
did my own make-up, I made my eyes look bigger by doing the "smokey eyes" (heavily smudged eyeliner) and just put a light-colored lip gloss on my lips. It is a cardinal rule in applying make-up to only emphasize either your eyes or lips. Well, I had my own rule na if I'm gonna attend something that'll be held at night, I'll emphasize my eyes like what I did on the wedding anniversary, but if I'm going out in broad daylight, I hafta emphasize moi lips..


As you can see, my "butangera" arms are showing for I wore a black fettuccine-strapped, empire-cut dress, very similar to what the girl in Gavin deGraw's music video "Chariot" is wearing, including the pink brassiere though mine's fuschia. I was the only one in the church wearing black, but 'tis not what you wear that matters, 'tis who you wear!! Well, I wore Jones naman that night for my apparel, not bad of a choice, and for my footwear, I wore Hilfiger..




The wedding reception's not that tradional since 'twas only a renewal of vows.. All they did was the ever so popular L.A. Walk and the Chicken Dance in the wide Pacific Ballroom of the Anaheim Hilton Towers. No throwing of the garter nor throwing of the bouquet, though the bride gave it to me para ala na daw masyado kalat along with the other flowers in the reception hall and lotsa Kisses..

My feet ached that night too for I danced to my heart's content. I did the boogie, the twist, the swing, the foxtrot, the tango, the waltz, the LA walk, and of course, the chicken dance. I'm not a sweet dancer, so I didn't dare step a foot though I sang with Florence Aguilar, who graced the wedding with her presence, on my chair, in our table, to myself whilst taking a rest of course..

No comments: