6.02.2008

Ticking Clock..

I was sick since Tuesday last week, at first I thought it was a simple case of food poisoning when I rushed to our office ladies' room to throw-up. I went home two hours earlier than the office hours. The following night, I felt worse, I cannot eat decently without vomitting and defecating, I cannot even drink a drop of water. I went to the doctor first thing the morning after. The doctor's diagnosis was stomach flu, but did lab work still, just to be safe and sure.

This morning, I missed my fourth day at work because I still feel like hell, good thing the doctor's office called me in for the results I can give the office another doctor's note. Unfortunately, I learned that I'm a disaster waiting to happen. Lab test indicated that I have an acute pyelonephritis, kidney infection in layman's term, and I'm just waiting for a hike in my temperature so I could rush myself in the ER, as I type this blog down.

I'm thinking of quitting work before they could fire me for not showing up. I mean, I called them up to inform them I'm not well, but will the work piling up on my desk wait until I get better..? What if I get worse? I'm still under probation, I have worked for only ten days and six hours, they can just hire somebody else again, right?

No comments: