11.10.2004

The Cons of Having Big Cups


My favorite Peyups columnist (Loviedo) and my recently experienced frustration gave me the idea to write something about having big jugs. Personally, I don't really think having big-sized bra cups are of advantage. Bigger boobies doesn't necessarily mean 'tis more sensitive to touch and easily subjected to stimuli 'coz the number of nerve endings of the bigger ones are similar to that of the smaller ones. I'm not writing this because I'm bitter for having small ones, I actually am a buxom gurl.

I started developing my mammary glands at age 9 but I thought those were just baby fats deposited in my chest so I didn't wear "baby bras" unlike other girls my age who started developing theirs. Baby bras¹ became part of my pang-alis wardrobe, (I don't wear it as part of my pambahay and I never get accustomed to wearing bras as pambahay), when I was already in sixth grade since the uniform in the public elementary school I was enrolled to was just plain white tetoron blouse and a red checkered skirt unlike my blue overall uniform in my old school.

I was in junior year in high school when I became envious of my girl classmates' junior bras² that I wanted to have one for myself, since my baby bras don't fit me anymore 'coz I grew bigger. Unfortunately, there are no junior bras made for my size so kesa naman sa wala akong panloob, I just bought the next best thing which my girl classmates found exciting, the misses' bra³. But their excitement were short-lived when they found out that my bra size was similar or bigger than their moms'. Traumatized by that fact, I went wearing sports' bras and some garters (with some slouching) in order to conceal (and somehow wished it would shrink) my 36B bust.

But some wishes weren't bound to come true. I grew an inch in my freshman year (college), but 'tis not as bothersome as before for I was told by a sensible woman that I have nothing to be ashamed of and have something to be proud of. Inde ko na iniintindi ang mga mapanuring tingin at patutsada ng mga kamag-aral ko at taas-noo na ako.

My newly found confidence was shattered after a year when my dad complained of having to buy a new set of bras (3 pieces) almost every year, not that he's been the one doing the buying nor the one giving me the money, nanghihinayang siya sa pera na pambili kase mahal ang malalaking bra, especially since big-sized bras are signature ones. Thinking that my big babies were just a result of my chubbiness (ayaw pa amining mataba eh noh?), because I don't do some hiking in the metro anymore, I went on a tuna-crackers-pure freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning diet and water and green tea therapy. My penitensya paid-off on my waist but not on my bust. My size went up an inch and a cup pa! And so my dilemma went up a notch too. Finding the right bra, meaning right cup size and length became more difficult, walang gaanong manufacturer ng 38C bras sa Pinas, kung meron man, either panget ang design or sobrang mahal.

December last year, my US visa was given to me and I flew to Bush's country right away. And since 'tis holiday, a lot of parties were held. So having a 42D bustline didn't come as a surprise by February, but the backpain was. My mom said that my spinal cord can't support the weight of my breasts anymore and that I have to loose some fats up there. Spring came and my walking decreased my bust size by 2 inches (but I still need to shed some pounds I gained since December, aheheheheh!).

Equipped with a 40D bosom, I went to Victoria's Secret's Halloween Sale last October only to be disappointed because they not bargaining plus-size lingeries and negligees. Sheesh! It slipped my mind that my size is just a "normal" size here and that the smaller sizes (36C and below) were the ones left to be bargained.

Seems like I'll be forever stucked to expensive ones... Meh nagreregalo ba ng bra sa monito-monita?

-----------------------------------------------------------
¹pure-cotton undergarments similar to sports bras only the fabrics are thinner it let your boobs breathe.
²akin to a misses' bra only smaller and has no pads nor underwires.
³those bras you regularly see.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet, you look yummy.. aaahhh...

~tish~