10.17.2005

Psychology of Crushes


I dunno what's with gay guys that I felt like I'm the iron fillings to their magnet.. Same goes with metrosexuals, even though my two ex-boyfriends were the ragged/thrasher types.. Is this kind of attraction related to my all-girl schooling when I was in elementary where you spend your adolescence, in my case, first couple of years in puberty?

Well, to those who visit my blog that still doesn't know it, I attended an exclusive Catholic school for girls from kindergarten to 5th grade.. Having attended said educational institution, I was exposed to same sex attraction, infatuation, and romantic relationship in a very early age.. I was in 1st grade when I first saw two sixth graders sharing a bed in the clinic hugging and kissing under the blanky, I even remember sharing a bed with a high schooler.. uso pa Sweet Honesty noon, 'yun 'yung perfume n'ya and her hair smells Vidal Sassoon shampoo.. Otei, I'm drifting back to memory lane again..

Anyhoo, our school was only 14 inches apart from an exclusive boys' school, that's because of the wall between our campuses, and I still don't get why most of my schoolmates prefer a breed of our own.. Was it because of the "nearestness" of one's company, they after all belong to one campus/building, if they don't share the same section/class? And why do girls can openly have a lady-crush or lady-love often than boys? Was it the societal stereotyping and machismo that prevent them and repress whatever man-crush they might feel for their own kin?

I once goaded a guy friend into admitting if he never ever had a man-crush in his entire life.. First off, he's a manly man and very straight, but he did admit he once find this child actor cute.. Creepy? Not for me.. My mind's not programmed to think a man homosexual just because he admires another man.. I dunno if you'll think of me as a pervert or something, but yuuri is as hot as yaoi for me..

What is the trigger factor for one to have a Certain Reaction Upon Someone's Heart(head, 'coz 'tis all in the mind, methinks)?

No comments: