4.28.2008

Street Fashion




According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Street fashion is a term used to describe fashion that is considered to have emerged not from studios, but from the grass roots. Street fashion generally associated with youth culture, and is most often seen in major urban centres. Mainstream fashion often appropriates street fashion trends as influences.
I am your average shirt and jeans gal, but ever since I got into anime so deep, I decided to sport Street Fashion whenever I feel like it. I got this job at a dance studio Fall of 2006, and tried to glam up my blah look into these style.







Alas, I was reprimanded because, my employer who is a Brit is not as open-minded and was stuck into a "blah mentality" with regards to fashion.






It was very unfortunate and sad for those people who cannot find style and "decency/respectability" in the same get-up.















I mean what I wore wasn't as over the top as most Street Fashionistas you'll find walking in most Asian countries such as Japan and Taiwan. However, given the option, I would rather choose a somewhat over the top look rather than be a wallpaper and look BLAH!

No comments: