10.20.2004

AngatZzz!!!

dated May 29. 2004

11 AM, my mom just arrive from her work. Tired and sleepy, she asked me to drive to KFC drive-thru to buy something to eat. Having no driver's license yet, she went with me but slept on the passenger seat.

drive-thru speakerbox: good morning! what would you want for today?
me: can I just have your 3-piece chicken combo meal and your chicken popcorn combo meal?
drive-thru speakerbox: how would you like your chicken, original or crispy?
me: crispy
drive-thru speakerbox: okay. what side dishes would you like to have?
me: 2 corn cobs for the 3-piece combo and mojos for the chicken popcorn please.
drive-thru speakerbox: okay, have a nice day!

At the drive-thru window mom told me to change the side dishes, corn cobs to coleslaws, and mojos to mashed potatoes. So I asked the guy there to change it. He just said "okay", asked me if I wanted Pepsi or other kind of soda, I said Pepsi's fine, and gave me the bag. Afterwards he gave me another bag and told me my bill's $11.05. Gave him 20 bucks and he gave me my change, which I didn't bother to count. On our way home, my mom counted the change and was surprised to see a 5-dollar bill, 3 dollar bills, and 8 quarters, which means, we just paid for the food without any tax. I thought, that guy was stupid to mistook the quarter for 5 cents.

When we got home and opened the bag, we found out that the corn cobs and mojos were not replaced, and yet we still have our mashed potatoes and coleslaws. That guy's so stupid to our benefit, I told my mom. She said, maybe he was mesmerized [by me]. I was about to laugh when I noticed something... I was still wearing my usual sleeping garment! Damn! That explains why the guy from KFC's distracted. I was so embarassed... I went out wearing only a plain white cotton shirt, which was dampened by the splashes of water from brushing my teeth and washing my face, and my "boy's" underpants, and my mom haven't noticed it too until we got home and I realized what was wrong!

There I was, laughing in my mind, making fun of that "stupid" guy, when all along it was ME who's stupid...


1 comment:

marko said...

ahahaha - ok yun ah. Maybe the less you wear, the bigger the discount, or the greater the freebies :P