10.18.2004

Bed Partners, Anyone?


I was rummaging our garage when I stumbled upon this old ish of a women's mag. And since I love to read I (literally) picked it up and began reading it. There was this article that really triggered my curiosity, it's about having bed partners or as I would bluntly put it, fuck buddies (fubu's for short). In the said article, they interviewed women (and men) having one or two (some, more) bed partners. The writer pointed out that these so-called bed partners are those persons you would only have sex with everytime you feel the urge to do so and there's no strings attached between the two of you nor there's any form of commitment and relationship, just plain fuck mates. now, why would anyone want that kind of relationship? I think it's a sick idea. but to some people, it's convenient, especially for those who are noncommittal.

As I watched the movie Intimacy, I theorized that having this kind of thing brings far more complications than having a steady girlfriend/boyfriend of whom you are engaged to and where love is a two-way traffic. Why? because in the long run, one is bound to fall for the other...and it will be difficult and unfair for the part of the "loving" one when his/her feelings were not reciprocated. And what if one or both have families of their own? This liaison will only destroy both their lives, right?



No comments: